Learn how to open and use the MS-DOS command prompt window.
MS-DOS Command Prompt
To learn how to use a MS-DOS command window, start here:
- How to Open a MS-DOS Command Window
- How to change directory (cd)
- How to list directory files (dir)
- List of MS-DOS Commands
These are some of the more popular MS-DOS commands:
- cd : Change directory or display current directory path.
- cls : Clear the window.
- dir : Display list of contents of current directory.
- help : Display list of commands or help about a command.
- notepad : Run the Windows Notepad text editor.
- Click here for more commands ...
See also: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Windows Server Administration
Here are a few books to help you with administration of a Windows Server.
Administrator's Pocket Consultant
Teaches how to use the Windows command-line tools to manage multiple clients and servers. Examples of how to run, use, schedule, and script Windows commands, support tools, and Resource Kit tools.
Here are a few books to help you with using the
Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.