|Home > FAQ|
Contact us via the Support Form.
We offer some of our scripts for free when you sign-up with the particular merchant as a
In general, a merchant that has a
The difference between us and other "parent affiliates" is that we offer you a valuable free tool to help you make sales and we offer support; other "parent affiliates" do not provide you with any tools or help you in any way -- we consider them to be "absent parents"; in contrast, we're here to help you. We feel that the
We are not Amazon.com -- they are a completely different company. And, Amazon.com's affiliate program is 1-tier; Amazon.com does not support sub-affiliates. Thus the only revenue we make from offering Associate Engine is via the yearly license fee that we charge. We do not make any money from the Amazon sales that you make using Associate Engine.
In some of our scripts, we use ID time sharing so that we can offer the script to you for free.
On average, your ID is used in links 3/4 (75%) of the time, and our ID is used the remaining 1/4 (25%) of the time. Because your ID is not used 100% of the time, your effective commission rate is reduced to on average 3/4 (75%) of the full rate (e.g.: if the full rate is 8%, then the effective rate is on average 6%).
For example, whenever a user accesses any of the DySE generated webpages, view.pl is run. Your server's clock at the time that the user causes view.pl to run is used to determine which ID to use. Specifically the "seconds" hand of the server's clock is looked at. If the seconds is less than 45.0 then your ID is used; otherwise, the seconds is 45.0 or greater and then our ID is used. Since the probability that a user will view your webpage at any given second is the same as all other seconds, your ID will be shown on average 3/4 (75%) of the time and our ID will be shown on average 1/4 (25%) of the time.
If a script uses ID Time Sharing, that fact is clearly indicated on our webpage of that script (go to www.c3scripts.com and click on the script you are interested in). Also, if a script uses ID Time Sharing, that fact is clearly indicated on the download webpage of that script (go to www.c3scripts.com/download and click on the Download link of the script you are interested in) such as shown below:
This script uses ID time sharing which affects the commission rate.
When you want to use one of our scripts, you tell us your affiliate ID for that merchant. Then we create a software key file for that ID and email it to you. Each key is unique to each ID and you cannot edit the key file. The key is required to enable the script otherwise anyone could use the script and we would not receive any compensation. See FAQ above: How can you offer your scripts for free?
No. You must be our sub-affiliate.
Yes, go ahead and apply to the merchant. The merchants that we work with are aware of this "chicken-and-egg" problem.
Some merchants do a redirection at their website. In that case, the address bar of your web browser will not show your ID. To confirm that your ID is being used and to see all the redirections: Right-click on your link (do not left-click it) and select "Copy Shortcut" from the popup menu to copy the URL of the link. Then go to http://www.rexswain.com/httpview.html and paste in the URL. Click Submit and watch all the redirections happening. This works for any URL.
See the download index page.
See the download index page.
Merchants should see the Merchant FAQ page.
No. GoDaddy.com does not permit any scripts to access the internet. That is, scripts cannot fetch data from other servers on the internet. Our scripts (with the exception of sitemap.pl) require internet access so that they can download data from the appropriate merchant's website (e.g.: Associate Engine must be able to download data from the Amazon.com server). Without internet access, our scripts will not work. Move to a different hosting company if you wish to use our scripts.
E.&O.E.; © Cusimano.Com Corporation; www.c3scripts.com